The Purpose of Becoming


HaVe YoU fOuNd YoUr TaLeNt YeT?


I remember when I was first told that we all have a talent because talents are gifts that we are born with, given by God.   For the longest time, I struggled to know what my talent was.  

At first, I settled for singing because I knew how to and because I was in a choir.  Yet for some reason, I was not satisfied, I wanted more. I wanted something that would change the way people saw me. In the process of not being satisfied with my singing, I lost the ability to sing... well somewhat.  

Nevertheless, that was okay because I felt that, that was not for me. Though I enjoyed the occasional exercising of the throat, I felt that singing was not the talent I needed to impact the world or at least the community around me. 

I later in life realized how amazing and powerful singing could be when done with passion and determination, but by then my singing voice had been overused and under-trained.  

At this point, I felt that I had squandered the one talent that God had given me and I felt remorseful. I also felt jealous of those who knew and had their talents because it seemed like I had only been given one talent. And like the man in the bible who had buried his, I had destroyed every opportunity of ever using mine.

The journey of discovering what my talent is, is the most frustrating journey I have ever had to go through.  Especially after watching Myles Munroe, who had spoken about how our talents could bring success to our lives.  

When I began writing at first, I thought nothing of it. You see, you can only write what you know.  It is impossible to write about what you don't know.  Even if the piece is an original and different, in some ways, it is the same. 

It is simply taking the thoughts of others and what you know, and writing it in a way that is different and more understanding to you and your circumstances and experiences!  

It feeds your focus and attention! I never knew I had it in me... I never knew I had the audacity until I picked up a pen and began to write.  You don't become a writer, you are born one. It is a passion, a desire, a longing.  

A romance between you and the world in your head. It begins with your imagination and the audacity to put that imagination to paper. Let's begin...

Comments

  1. Amen. God's gifts go beyond description! To some He's even given the gift of an enlightening smile...so that with that simple smile, another can be saved! Lovely topic❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Have a lovely day

Popular posts from this blog

God's Magnificent Love towards us

The Principle of Free Will and The Invincible Forces That Govern This World

The fault is in Us