The Positive thinking movement is a scam

 

Failures are not meant to be ignored or erased, they are to be acknowledged. This sets you apart from the rest.     Acknowledging and overcoming not ignoring and achieving.

We all at some point get to a place of disappointment and instead of avoiding the place by pretending it never happened or thinking happy thoughts, we should face it head-on and give it its rightful place. 

I was listening to a song by D'Amelio which ironically is titled Be happy but is about being comfortable and okay in your sadness.     

The Chorus goes, "sometimes I don't want to be happy, don't hold it against me. If I'm down just leave me and let me be sad.  Sometimes I just want to be lonely. Don't need you to hold me. If I'm low you don't need to care. Just let me be sad. What's the matter with that."

What's the matter with sadness?


As LL Martin once said, "negative emotions like pain and hurt can actually be constructive. Motivating us to make important life choices and changes and helping us identify the course of actions that need to be taken and where we might have gone wrong."

I believe sadness leads to happiness... It doesn't block you from it.   In my times of sadness is when realization and growth occur and I'm able to identify the things that need changing in my life and the things that cannot be changed. With the hope and help of God waiting for me at the end of the tunnel.

The positive thinking movement is wrong when it says we should focus on what is positive in our lives and ignore the hurt and the negativity that is bringing us down. So that we do not endure it.  Trials are a necessity for growth. It is something to rejoice about. Like climatic seasons we humans have our own seasons of emotions.

We mustn't ignore it by thinking positively, but rather by being in that state of mind and tackling it head-on and giving it its place in our life but not letting it take control over us. In doing so, we can grow and stabilize ourselves.




Sadness isn't the absence of happiness or joy. Acknowledging sadness is acknowledging life and in a sense, it pushes you into the road of contentment, because you are aware that there are just some things that are meant to be and you don't have control over.

The truth is meant to hurt, convict, and open our eyes to what is happening, instead of closing our eyes and thinking happy thoughts. I think to be truly happy and positive, we must address negativity and sadness head-on......Instead of ignoring it.

This way we can fully embrace the emotional seasons of our lives like we embrace climatic seasons. It is what it is. Life cannot be fully lived if we don't acknowledge everything in it fully.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Magnificent Love towards us

The Principle of Free Will and The Invincible Forces That Govern This World

The fault is in Us