What Death Taught Me

You would think that after losing a dear friend I would be up in arms ready to fight God and anyone who tried to comfort me or reassure me.

You would think I would be full of hate and anger, but that was not the case. I was sad and in despair and somewhat depressed but it did not draw me away from God, it only drew me closer.

Life is very fleeting, it's like a flower. Here today looking beautiful in the sun and then gone tomorrow, blown by the wind. No one knowing where it has gone.

So why would I move away from an all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving God when I can learn from the one who created me and is moulding me into the person He created me to be.

I learnt that what we do on earth is useless if the afterlife leads us to the one place we all dread and most of us don't believe exists or don't want to believe exists.

What is the point of all these qualifications and accomplishments if they don't lead to the narrow path that leads us to the home Jesus spoke about when He was here on earth?

I learnt a lot about life.  Like we never know what tomorrow holds. That the grass is greener wherever we are because we are always thinking the next person is luckier than us. Instead of us watering our own grass, focusing on what we have and where we are and being satisfied.

The most important lesson I learnt from death is living with the fear of God in our hearts daily which will propel us to live according to the will of God and be righteous at all times.

So that when death comes knocking  at our doors, we are fully prepared and ready to go.  Knowing that our heavenly father awaits us with opened arms...

Katie wasn't afraid of death... She was afraid of living a life without purpose. She knew if she died she would meet her saviour because of where her heart was.  In the arms of the father, ready to do His bidding.

If death came today, would you be ready?

Is your heaven sure? 

#foodforthought #somethingtothinkabout #livingpurposefully





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Magnificent Love towards us

The Principle of Free Will and The Invincible Forces That Govern This World

The fault is in Us