Your Problem is hiding Your Promise Pt 1

I want to do spoken word!!!
The first time I ever attempted such a thing was in grade 12 and people were shocked.
They didn't think I hadn't in me, I didn't think I had it in me.

Moreover, I was shy and suffered from social anxiety.  Even after that beautiful yet daunting moment, I still didn't think I had it in me. I just assumed I was lucky...

Lucky enough to find my voice for just a second. Little did I know that luck had nothing to do with it. It was God introducing me to a side I never knew was in me. The creative side, the writer's side, the confidence side, the motivator, the outspoken side.

For the longest time, I was looking for someone who would motivate me.  All along that person that I was looking for, was me.

I was getting a glimpse of what I think was my destiny, my purpose.  It will take years before I finally realised what I had in me and what I needed to do with the talent God bestowed upon me.

It took years and a friend showing me that I was capable. It was the one talent that I did not think that I had that God used for His own Glory.

You see,  I was terrible at English, and I always failed the subject at school. So I never saw myself as a writer. Though I was good at speaking English, I was a terrible writer!

I'm sure you are thinking, "how is it possible to fail English?"
Well, it's possible when you lack understanding of the rules and don't put in the effort to improve. 

So you see, I never saw myself as being creative or a motivator with words, but there I was standing in front of a crowd doing spoken word. And even though I fantasized several times about being a writer, it was something I only ventured into later in life.

I did not even know what the future held for me because I lacked talent and interest in soo many things. Little did I know that my problem was hiding my promise.

I was in my Horeb like Moses. Horeb meaning destruction, desolation, wastelands, ruins, desolation, a desert.  What I did not know was that the tools that God will use to bring His purpose in my life to fruition were fashioned in my pain and struggle to understand the English language.

I don't know what the future holds and I'm still searching and discovering, but writing is one piece of the puzzle that has been found and solved, and that is good enough for me.

At an appropriate time(God's time), the rest will be revealed.

Disclaimer: God has revealed the next piece of the puzzle. Stay tuned for part 2.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Magnificent Love towards us

The Principle of Free Will and The Invincible Forces That Govern This World

The fault is in Us