Listen to your heart, you won't be disappointed.


Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a big fat king and a skinny little pauper. One day, the king and the pauper bumped into a magic genie.

Well, the genie was in a fantastic mood, so he offered them both one wish each. Of course, the king loudly shared his. "I wish, I wish for all the gold in the world!"

Now it was the pauper's turn to make his own wish. The pauper walked to a corner and turned away from the king and the genie.  He shut his eyes and said, "I wish I wish I wish I wish."

Years later, the king and the pauper met again and the king was now driven demented with Gold! It was in his socks, his boots, under his pillow...

The pauper, well the pauper was now the happiest man alive. The king was desperate to know what in the name of God did the pauper wish for?

The king pleaded and pleaded. "Tell me your wish! Tell me your wish!"

The pauper smiled, "alright hmm, I'll tell you.

I wished I wished I wished I wished."

The pauper wished to be happy! He could have had anything in the world, but when he looked into his heart, the words just came to him.

"I wish I wish I wish to be happy." -{taken from Angela's Christmas}


This story reminds me of the story of Solomon when God told him to ask for absolutely anything and it would be his.

He could have had anything he wanted; Power, riches, beauty, fame or for more years to be added to his life!

Instead, he asked for wisdom. He chose something so simple and selfless, something that would benefit both him and his kingdom, and that took him far and made him a great king.

And because of what he asked for, God was so pleased that he added riches to what he asked for.

Most times we don't consult with our hearts before opening our mouths and wishing for things that we actually don't or may not in fact need.

You may think you need it, but when you have it, you realise that you could actually do without it. We need to learn to listen to our hearts more because that is where the Spirit of God resides.  And by listening to our hearts, we will know our deepest desires and what we truly need.

It is not always about riches or fame or beauty or power, it is much more than that.

I wish I wish I wish I wish.....

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Have a lovely day

Popular posts from this blog

God's Magnificent Love towards us

The Principle of Free Will and The Invincible Forces That Govern This World

The fault is in Us